- Information gathered through the Services may be transferred, used, and stored in South Africa or in other countries where our service providers or we are located.
- If you use the Services, you agree to the transfer, use, and storage of your Personal Information (as defined below) in those countries.
- The data protection and other laws of South Africa and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
- You agree that all transactions relating to the Services are deemed to occur in South Africa, where our servers are located.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATIONWhen you register for, or use our Services, we collect Personal Information. By “Personal Information” we mean information that can identify an individual, such as:
- Personal or business addresses
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Work and study history
- Information contained in any image, photograph or profile you submit to us
- Your Internet Protocol (IP address)
- Information about your computer or mobile device, such as its maker or operating system version, and HTTP header information
- The pages of our website that you viewed during a visit
- What information, content or advertisements you view or interact with using the Services
- Language preferences
- The province in which you are located (but not your precise geographic location); and
- Unique identifiers, meaning arbitrary codes or series of characters we create or are provided from a third party to identify unique users or devices without Personal Information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Assist us in providing, maintaining, and protecting the Services
- Set up, maintain, and protect accounts to use the Services
- Improve our online operations
- Process transactions
- Provide customer service
- Communicate with you, such as provide you with account- or transaction—related communications, or other newsletters, RSS feeds, and/or other communications relating to the Services
- Send or display offers and other content that is customized to your interests or preferences
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products and services and developing new products or services; and
- Manage and maintain the systems that provide the Services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATIONWe may disclose Personal Information to provide the Services, or when you authorise or instruct us to do so, for example when you use the Services to submit content or profile information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.